Monday, September 1, 2008

Merdeka longgg stretccchh of holidays! Part 1


Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! Happy Merdeka Malaysians!

On the eve of Merdeka night...we heard PoM..PoM..POM.. so loud even the windows of our house vibrated due to the fireworks at the Dataran Ipoh which we could see from the sky outside our house. Too bad the kids sleep already.

I told my hubby "Dear, Let's go see the National parade outside the Ipoh Railway station tomorrow on Merdeka day?" He said "Nolah , sure very crowded and jam!"

I said "Aisay..let your kids appreciate the Merdeka spirit, mah!"

Hubby said "Can see from television tomorow morning !"

So on the Merdeka morning I switched on the TV and asked my twins to watch as they are old enough to appreciate the spirit. They were so excited to watch the parade and also sang along with the national songs and the merdeka theme songs.

Do you share with your kids about Merdeka spirit.? Are they old enough to understand and appreciate it?

No comments: