Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm not alone..facing kids' nonsense in public!

As I was blog hopping to About your child's blog, I feel that I'm not alone in facing kids' nonsense in public. So glad there are so many comments which came in after my previous blog on the issue What happens when your Kid shows tantrums in public?.

I can trully feel what the mommy was going through and must compliment her for handling it without her BIG MAN around to help her. When I first became mom to my twin boys, I was very conscious of what public will think and how they will look at me if I dont give in to my twins. But now having the 4th one..things have changed.Especially after I met an Australian friend who practice parenting skill from books she read. She thought me not to give in to kids no matter how young u consider them to be. So since then whenever my kids throw tantrums and bully or test my patients in public with their NONSENSE, I don't give a damn what others think of me..I just do what is right. Afterall it's me who gonna suffer the consequences for giving in to the kids not the onlookers. It's my kids not theirs. Sooner or later I believe with more educated parents, public will support my reaction of walking away if my kids don't listen to me in public.

3 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

yup! you are definitely not alone as I also need to face tantrum from my son while in public. my face has become thicker as I have learnt to ignore onlookers ...

Shannon's Mummy said...

Same here! I just walked away if she throw tantrums. Then she will just follow behind...lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for complimenting me over at your precious corner! *Muack*