Friday, September 5, 2008

Heriditary or Fertility?

Somewhere over the rainbow
someone is having twins or multiples....Congratulations!

Nowadays conceiving twins and multiples like triplets, quadriplets are so common among married couples. Some are due to strong or not so strong family genes and some are results of fertilty programme that they undergone.

As for me, both my family side and my husband's side has twins genes. I praise God that I didn't have to go through a fertility programme to conceive my twins. My maternal granny delivered twin girls while my hubby's grand aunties are twins. Most people say that twins tend to follow more of maternal side.


This ultrasound showing my pregnancy gestation at 8 weeks as a singletone before I was diagnosed as carrying twins from a 4 month gestation ultrasound later on.

Some couples have higher chances of conceiving twins or multiples due to fertility treatment.

So what is your story?

2 comments:

Chinneeq said...

wah...so rajin to post these days. my twin is a spontaneous twin (without any inheridity from both side). At 8 weeks, can see 2 babies liao!

Jacss said...

haha...what a reminder post for me! my mom's sister has twin girls, my huby has twin sisters, so do u call this as heridictary? i guess so. as huby has twin sisters which sounds more direct a connection to him having twins, all d credit goes to his side. unfortunately, my gynae said multiple genes shd came from d women's side & has nothing to do with men...not sure how true thou!!