Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Do you welcome anonymous bloggers ?

Just wanna know your thoughts..do you welcome anonymous bloggers in your blog? What if you receive comments from them and asking 1001 questions to the post which you have gotten info from an email sent to you and just would like to share with readers, with no intention to query the facts?

I blog to leave a digital diary legacy for my kids. I blog just to release stress and tension by letting out my spontaneous thoughts. Occasionnaly I just cut and paste from emails sent to me or website info I searched...with the intention to share and nothing else. No intention to be a pro or expert to analyse why is it like this, why is like that.

I get very frustrated when anonymous bloggers visits my blog and leave a comment which requires me to be an expert to give reasoning and yet the anonymous is so chicken to reveal his/her blog link.
To quote you an example, on my post on wearing the same sanitary pad for more than 3 hours., the anonymous blogger found my post gyst ridiculous. He thought cervical cancer is caused by human papilloma virus (HPV), but how can it be related to bacterial infection? He asked if I got any proof? From what he has learnt before, usually womb tumors are related to estrogen (female hormone), and it usually grows during pregnancy, bcos during that time, estrogen level is high. then how does it relate to sanitary pad? He asked if I can explain more?

So to this anonymous blogger, I can't answer your genius questions as I'm not the pro and dont intend to be one in this post which i blog for info purposes only.

Perhaps I will open your queries to others who could answer your queries.

Any comments fellow bloggers about this post on anonymous bloggers?

14 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

sometimes, these anonymous bloggers just wanna spam your mailbox. i wouldn't reply if i were you. if they are really sincere in their questions/queries, they would leave name/email addy and not be anonymous :)

Anonymous said...

relax..:)

i don't have many anonymous blogger leaving comments. If i were in your case, i would just tell that person I don't know as I just copy and paste.

Don't worry about them. You don't even have to reply if you don't like it.

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, don't fret! They are not worth your attention...
we bloggers value comments, but we value 'identity' too....

my blog auto-disable anonymous commentors, so not an issue for me...

but I like what one other blogger did. She dedicated a blog post just for ONE OF HER anonymous 'fan', who wanted her to STOP saying something, she wrote in that dedicated post, "till the day you have the GUTS to write down your real name beside your comments, I'll do as you say...." and that anonymous Fan disappeared ever since...

some of them are just plain bored...find some entertainment...with bloggers...

and most of them don't even have a blog of their own...

LHS said...

don't care them, i got many anonymous blogger too, and i never reply them. Some were really sarcastic!

Unknown said...

I don't agree with the anonymous part. To critisize and hide your identity is a cowardly way of doing things. However, my friendly advise would to be more careful about copying and pasting from emails. Firstly is you do not know where it originates from. Second, not everything is true. You may think it's just information but if it isn't, why pass on junk. Third, be careful about copyright laws.

Physiomom said...

Thks lian for the friendly reminder.Still new in blogging so alot to learn from veteren like you.

Physiomom said...

Thks Angie for the comforting comments. How do you auto disable anonymous?

Physiomom said...

TQ Hui Sia for sharing your similar experience.

Shannon's Mummy said...

LOL..simply just tell him you have no answer cos it was a copy and paste from emailed received ;p

Physiomom said...

Shannon's mommy,
Hopefully by now he knows my feelings after putting up this post..whoever he or she may be.

Health Freak Mommy said...

I receive lots of comments from anonymous commentators, some critizing my post and some got way to personal and even critized me! I dont even bother to publish their comments or give them an explanation. This is my blog and I can write whatever I want in my blog mar, haimai?

Anonymous said...

I dont mind annonymous visitors at all. I treat blogging as past time and as long as they talk facts, they are welcome to my blog. Even if i think they are ridiculous i pretend i dont understand them and gave an excuse to close the case.:):)

twins mama said...

juz ignore/block them if u feel uncomfortable...

Anonymous said...

It depends on how "interactive" and "discussion-oriented" you want your blog to be? Do you only want to interact with readers who will agree 100% with what you write?

I agree with what Lian mentioned above - even though it's just a blog, do try to be careful about what you post.

After all, you may unwittingly post wrong information which may bring harm to an innocent reader.

Note that many young kids go online a lot. They don't know how to differentiate between fact and fiction. What happens if a young reader (e.g. your own child) stumbles upon your blog and believes everything in it, even it's wrong?

I find that anonymous bloggers help us to think twice about what we post. In my case, my critical commentator has become a really good friend :)

Happy blogging!