Sunday, March 30, 2008

Early Cheng Beng

Went for Cheng Beng one week early. The actual day is next weekend but it coincides with my convocation. Yup I finally finished my Degree in Applied Rehab with Teeside University, UK. I took year extra (extension) due to the reason I was pregnant with my 4th child when I started and was on my 2nd week confinement whenI had to finish my last dissertation project. Since it was very taxing for me to work and breastfeeding that time ..i extended 1 year and now I finally graduating on 5 April 2008.Must admit not easy but I did it. I've always wanted to be a role model to all my kids especially my 8yr+ twin boys. I want them to knw if mummy can still study after part of her brains have degenerated(after leaving college so long), they should be able to study better. I always tell them if they want a good life in future, they must study smart and learn hard.

As for Cheng Beng..we didnt have to go to the graveyard. Just prayed at the Kek Lok Seah temple where most of my ancestors and deceased relatives' memorial plaques are. Also went to Bercham Crematorium to offer prayers to my dad in law.

Mayb because it's one week early..i find not much crowd at the time we were there.

3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hey, you are from ipoh? me too :D we just went back last Wed for Cheng Beng at Sam Poh Tong :D

tasy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so happy for you. Yes, everyone can achieve their dreams as long as they don't give up!

Look forward to see your beautiful convo picts soon.

SY

Physiomom said...

Hi Barb, Thanks for dropping by. Yup I'm Ipoh Mali. When u r back again ..do drop me an email. Perhaps we can meet up and let my kids play with yours.

SY,
Thanks 4 dropping by , too. I'm indeed very excited about my convo & looking forwrd 2 my convo. might not post pics on blog though..for privacy sake. But will send u my slide show.