Friday, October 9, 2009
My winning recipe in AJINOMOTO Creative Recipe Contest
Hubby received a phone call from Ajinomoto congratulating him for his entry (which I sent in his name) which has won cash & mystery gift.
Here's the winning recipe:
Sambal Tumis Cuttlefish & Mini Thai Asparagus
3 tbsp Cooking oil
2 Shallot, thinly sliced
1 big Soaked cuttlefish, cleaned and cut into small pieces.
1 bunch/12 nos Mini Thai Asparagus, cut into 1 inch length
2 tbsp Ground chilli paste (cili giling)
3 tbsp Tomato paste
½ tbsp TUMIX® Ikan Bilis (Anchovy) Seasoning
2 tbsp Brown sugar
Some AJI-SHIO® Iodised Table Salt to taste
A pinch Shrimp paste (belacan) powder optional
1 Big red chilli, sliced for garnishing
(A): mix together & strain the tamarind juice
1 tbsp Tamarind juice
½ cup Warm water
1. Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat, sauté shallots till fragrant.
2. Add in ground chilli paste and tomato paste, stir well to combine.
3. Pour in tamarind juice (A) then bring to a boil. Add in TUMIX® Ikan Bilis (Anchovy) Seasoning, brown sugar & a pinch of belacan powder. Stir-well.
4. Then add in cuttlefish & Mini Thai asparagus. Stir to combine.
5. Cover & simmer for 1-2 minutes (If thicker sauce is preferred, add in a bit of corn flour mix with 2 tablespoon of water)
6. Uncover, stir and add some AJI-SHIO® Iodised Table Salt to taste. Garnish with red chilli and serve warm with rice.
This is best to eat as one of the condiments for nasi lemak, too.