Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Another winning entry in Ajinomoto Contest
I praise God for this 2nd winning entry (this time under my name). If you have read my previous post, the 1st entry "Sambal Tumis Cuttlefish with Thai Mini Asparagus" was won under my hubbby's name.
‘Once A-Prawn a time in France Fried Rice’
1 tbsp Cooking oil
2 tsp Sesame oil
1 small Onion, sliced thinly
1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
10 medium Fresh prawns, peeled
Some AJI-SHIO® Iodised Table Salt to taste
10 French beans, cut according to preferred size
3 cups Leftover steamed rice
1 packet SERI-AJI® Fried Rice Mix (Prawn)
Some AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper to taste
1. Massage some Aji-Shio iodised table salt over the peeled prawn.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a wok. Quickly stir-fry prawns under high heat till they appear pink, put aside.
3. Fry a sun-side up egg (telur mata kerbau), sprinkle with AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper on top & put aside.
4. Heat up a large wok with sesame oil. Sauté onion & garlic over medium heat until fragrant & golden.
5. Add in French beans. Stir-fry together. Add rice and stir-fry for a few minutes under high heat. Sprinkle 1 sachet of SERI-AJI® Fried Rice Mix (Prawn), stir well.
6. Drizzle some water over the fried rice and stir quickly till rice is light, non soggy or clumpy but well mixed! Turn off heat.
7. Arrange prawns & garnish with the fried egg on top, serve warm.
Notes of this recipe: This creatively named special fried rice is no fairy tale but simple & yummy for prawn lovers in my family- my 4 kids & my hubby!
Thanks Ajinomoto for organising this contest & allowing me the opportunity to win cash & mystery gifts!